About Plum Creek
Plum Creek is one of the largest landowners in the nation and the most geographically diverse, with approximately 6.3 million acres in major timber producing regions of the United States. We continually assess the value of the trees growing on our lands, the value of the natural resources (rocks, sand, minerals, oil and gas) that reside beneath the surface, and the value of the land itself. Our job, as stewards of these assets, is to maximize the value of each of them.
The company produces lumber, plywood and medium density fiberboard (MDF) in our wood products manufacturing facilities in the Northwest. Plum Creek also operates a real estate development business which is a taxable REIT subsidiary. Plum Creek employs more than 1,200 people across 19 states.
The company is committed to being the premier timberland company by demonstrating leadership and innovation in:
- Identifying opportunities for value growth from our assets.
- Practicing environmentally responsible resource stewardship.
- Achieving superior returns for our owners.
- Engaging with our communities on matters of common interest.
- Consistently providing quality products and services to our customers.
- Selecting business partners that share common values and beliefs.
- Fostering an ethical business culture that encourages ideas and initiative and rewards accomplishments.
Plum Creek is also committed to high standards of corporate governance. This commitment is expressed in a variety of our charters and serves as the foundation of our corporate governance practices.
Plum Creek is a strong community partner throughout our ownership supporting conservation, the environment, wildlife, community organizations and sustainable forestry. Read more in our Community Partnerships brochure.
The company (PCL) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE); we are also part of the S&P 500, Russell 1000 and Wilshire 5000 indexes.